Purchasing your first home is both exciting and stressful for pretty much everyone! First-time home buyers have the added stress of not knowing the market and needing support to make sure you’re getting the best deal. This is why Heroes San Diego is here to help you around the clock, not only in San Diego but nationwide! We are prepared to answer any of your questions and put your mind at ease. Take a look at our information for first time homebuyers with Heroes SD.
What Can I Afford As A First-Time Home Buyer?
This question is most likely on your mind. As you know, there are many factors that go into determining your mortgage payment and interest rates:
- Debt payments
- Annual income
- Additional costs (home owners insurance, etc.)
- Down payments
Which Loan Should I Get?
Though you have many loan options, if you qualify for a VA loan, it can be a wonderful opportunity for first-time home buyers. These loans are backed by government guarantee and assurance, and come with many benefits. The following are just a few reasons why VA Loans are the preferred options for active and retired service members:
- No Down Payment – Firstly, most homebuyers are asked to put down a 5 percent payment for their conventional loan today. For veterans, that kind of money is a challenge to come up with as you are coming right out of service. For this reason, a VA Loan is a viable solution.
- Easier Requirements – Secondly, VA Loans were made with veterans in mind. Veterans are don’t normally have the time to build up perfect credit in the military. VA Loans are, therefore, easier to qualify for and equipped with competitive interest rates that aren’t swayed by credit scores.
- Manageable Monthly Payments – Since VA Loans don’t require private mortgage insurance, veterans are left with more money in their pockets every month. Over the lifespan of the loan, first-time home buyers can likely save thousands of dollars. Isn’t that great?!
Heroes San Diego offers webinars and seminars for FREE! This means that you can access our services, advice and knowledge in order for you to make the right decisions in purchasing a home. We would like to give back to our heroes and say thank you!
The Pre-Approval Process
To secure your loan as a first-time home buyer, you need to be pre-approved. A loan officer will assess your financial situation and determine what you can qualify for. This is followed by a submitted loan application to the lender for approval.
Real Estate Agent Selection
It is important to use a real estate agent that understands the complexities of the VA Loan Program, and that understands your specific needs as a service member. We are happy to provide agents who recognize what you will need are happy to work with first-time home buyers. We have also worked with Heroes in using their VA loan to purchase their second home. Didn’t know that was possible?! By signing up with Heroes SD, you will learn much more.
We provide a variety of services that are made to make the process as manageable and convenient as possible. This includes:
- A personalized service
- We do the heavy lifting
- You save time
- You save money
- Webinars & seminars that break down everything
- Access to us 27 / 7
- Nationwide services!
Rebate with Heroes San Diego
What is the rebate program? Heroes SD rebate gives back on average $2500 per transaction to the hero when purchasing a home.
Most importantly, when purchasing a home, it is helpful to receive this rebate check.
But why give a rebate check? This is our way of giving back and saying thank you for your service and protecting our great Nation. Johnny Perez is an active Real Estate Broker. Mr. Perez gives back a portion of his commission that he receives from selling your home. Surprise! You will receive a special check at the same time you receive your keys.
In conclusion, there are many heroes in this country, and Heroes San Diego works with each type of hero! Doctors, Nurses, For example, Healthcare workers, Firefighters, Veterans /Military, Law Enforcement and Teachers are all heroes! First time homebuyers with Heroes SD should definitely sign up for our webinars and seminars to learn more!